This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

importing key file '..\shared\madb.pfx' was canceled

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:36 AM
After I downloaded code source and build Sloution, I hit the error "importing key file '..\shared\madb.pfx' was canceled". Then I imported manually, failed again. It seems we need the password for the private key. Is it open to us? Or how to work around it. Thank you very much.
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:02 AM
"No the key is not available. Is it an error you are getting with the import? Try deleting the pfx, if I remember, you don't need the pfx to build. You would only need a pfx to sign the assembly. If you wanted to do that, you would have to create your own pfx." ----Camalot
Version: madb-100696

If deleting the pfx, failed with error "....couldn't find madb.pfx". No matter how I tried on the downloaded solution, building failed.
                 Error   1      Cannot import the following key file: ..\shared\madb.pfx. The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or manually install the certificate to the Strong Name CSP with the following key container name: VS_KEY_D372179E9BC83463    Managed.Adb
Then I created a new solution, copied project "Managed.Adb", added it into the new solution, deleted "AssemblyVersionInfo.cs" and "SharedAssemblyInfo.cs" in Properties, then build successfully.
Thank you all the same.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.